Getting Started: The SmartSoft Virtual Machine
The SmartSoft Virtual Machine provides an ready-to-go environment with all major contents of the SmartSoft World set up and running. The Virtual Machine is based on Ubuntu LTS 16.04.
- To run the SmartSoft VM, we recommend a recent version of Virtual Box and a minimum of 8GB RAM for the host.
- username: smartsoft
- password: smartsoft
- User is allowed to use sudo
- See also the tutorials (esp. Lesson 1) for instructions and details on how to use and start the VMware installation.
- Optional: To update the SmartSoft SVN installation and toolchain to the most recent version, launch the update-script from the desktop.
- Optional: To update the SmartSoft SVN installation manually, run the following commands:
# cd $SMART_ROOT_ACE # svn update # cd build # make distclean # cmake .. # make